Pages

5.31.2006

Revenge of the Dead Squirell

Mom tricked me.

This morning she asked if I wanted to go bye-bye. "Whoopee! Yes! I want to go! Show me the leash, baby!" So we get in the car, she lets me sit in the front seat and rolls my window down. We're cruising along, people smiling and waving at me as we pass. I'm having a great time, then Mom pulls into a parking lot and we get out.

I know this place. I know these smells.

We're at the Doctors.

What a cheap shot! Get me all excited and then take me to the vet's. They're barbaric. They actually put a stick up my butt! How rude! Then they poked me - twice! Mom says it's my own fault that I got sick, because I played with a dead squirell. But how was I supposed to know that you could get Montezuma's Revenge from a squirell? I guess that squirell got me in the end after all. (No pun intended.)

We did go to McDonald's after the doctors visit. Mom bought me Chicken McNuggets. Of course she stuffed my pills in them, but at least they tasted better that way. She also gave me one of my treats for being so good at the doctors. I guess that kind of makes up for some of the indignities I suffered. Not ALL of them, but some.

I'm gonna think twice before I agree to go bye-bye again any time soon, though.

Jack

No comments: