Pages

5.09.2006

Digging Dirt

I'm tired of rain. It rains too much. Yesterday was so nice. I played in the backyard while Mom got ready for work. There were so many cool new smells and for once the rain hadn't washed them away the night before.

There was one really interesting smell just under the grass. I tried to dig whatever it was up, but I never did find it. Mom caught me digging and yelled at me. I don't know why she was so upset, the whole wasn't that big, I only got it as deep as my head would fit. Given time, I could have done a much better job. It was so liberating to dig. The smell of dirt, the cool feel of dew and dust on your paws. She wasn't real happy with my dirty face and paws either. But really, she puts junk on her face all the time, so I just don't get it.

Mom must have decided that playing in the dirt was a good idea after all, cuz when she came home she played in the dirt, too. Only, she was putting the dirt back into the hole. Seems kind of backwards to me. At least she didn't fill it up completely.

Maybe I'll dig another one. It will give us something to do together.
Jack

This guy's got the right idea. Digging is therapeutic and fun!

No comments: